Baby monitors act as alarm and help the baby’s caregiver to attend the baby as soon as possible. Parents can carry around the receivers whenever they work in the house or sleeping away from the crib.
The baby monitors either transmit audio or video images from one room to the another one so that the caregiver can always have a check on the infant. While you are planning to buy the baby monitors, your requirement varies from audio, video and motion sensor monitors.So always refer to the expert guidance, such as the BabyMonitorCentre, in choosing the best baby monitor for yourself.
Features of baby monitor
- Radio system: You can listen to the sound made by the infant from a remote place at a certain distance. The radio systems can be both wireless or with wires which can be operated within the household. These radio systems are not so high that they can be detected by televisions or radio broadcasting transmitters. Some of the baby monitors come with several transmitters than can be monitored from different rooms at the same time.
- Alert signals: The baby alarms can have a vibrating alert or visual signals that make repeating sound to alert the care giver. Choose the baby monitor which has low battery indicators so that you do not miss out the wake up alarm when your baby wakes.
- Audio monitor: It consists of a transmitter unit that is equipped with microphone which can be placed near the child. The microphone transmits sounds by radio waves through the speaker which is the receiver unit. The receiver unit is usually carried by the care giver when he/she is not around. There can be one or two receivers in some baby monitors. The microphone can pick up sounds like gurgle, wail or even the crib talks of the baby.
- Movement monitor: This makes use of sensor pads which are placed under the crib mattress. This detects the movement of the infant and an alarm rings when the movement exceeds beyond 20 seconds or less. The pressure sensitive mats that are placed beneath the crib mattress acts as movement sensors providing a warning about the restless activity by the baby.
- Video monitors: These have a baby cam which can be attached to the crib and the receiver end can be connected to TV or computer to make sure the baby is fine. The digital models are ideal for the video baby monitors.
- DECT Technology: You can also buy the monitors that use digitally enhanced cordless telecommunication which encrypts the audio data between the transmitter and receiver. This offers a better security compared to the analog monitors. The digital lock helps to encrypt the images.
Our advice is to check out as many baby video monitor reviews as you can and choose the best among the varied baby monitors which can help you stay occupied with other things at home while you stay assured the infant is resting. If you are looking for the less expensive one, get the analog monitors in which the sound quality is not as good as the digital ones. If you have a small receiver, it will be easy for you to carry around anywhere in the house. Buying the monitor which has two receivers can help you keep things at handy while you roam around the house.